Arthur Jarvis University
Akpabuyo, Cross River State, Nigeria
Vacancy announcement for the post of Vice Chancellor
Arthur Jarvis University is a private University located in Akpabuyo, 14km from Calabar, the capital city of Cross River State. The Federal Government of Nigeria has recently granted the University license to commence academic activities. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Vice Chancellor.
The Vice Chancellor will be the Chief Executive Officer of the University, overseeing the overall development of the University. He/she will provide academic and administrative leadership for delivery of high quality teaching, learning, research and community service. He/she will ensure maintenance of a conducive work environment, discipline and healthy financial base for actualisation of the vision and mission of the University.
The candidate should be a Professor of at least eight (8) years, and must have served effectively in relevant leadership positions in a reputable University. He/she must have a good understanding of academic advancement, human resource management, organizational administration, proof of productive institutional linkages, prudent utilization of organizational resources, productive linkages and good governance in a University system. Furthermore, the candidate should:
- Be well grounded and skilled in information and communication technology;
- Be a person of high integrity that can provide exemplary leadership through personal conduct;
- Be self-motivated, entrepreneurial and decisive in taking action;
- Be a well-grounded scholar with good national and international reputation and contact. And, should be able to deploy his/her network of colleagues towards cultivating much-needed collaboration and cooperation with other international universities across the globe.
Conditions of service
Conditions of Service are as applicably to the post of Vice Chancellors in Nigerian Universities.
The Vice Chancellor shall hold office for a term of five (5) years.
Each applicant should submit ten (10) copies of application letter with Curriculum
Vitae, photocopies of credentials and a concept note, not more than 1,000 word, on candidate’s vision for Arthur Jarvis University. The Curriculum Vitae should contain:
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Permanent home address
- Marital status
- Names and dates of birth of children
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic qualifications with dates
- Professional qualifications with dates
- Details (names, topics and dates of graduation) of graduate students supervised.
- Scholarships, honours and distinctions
- Membership/Fellowship of learned societies and professional bodies
- Publications and patents
- Work experience in the University system giving names of institutions and dates
- Administrative experience in the University system
- Community service
- Service in state, national and international committees with dates and nature of service
- Present employment status, employer and salary
- Extra- curricular activities
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees
Each submission should be in an envelope with name of applicant and position applied for marked at the top left corner. Referees reports should be submitted under separate cover directly by referees themselves to the University. All submissions should be addressed, and mailed, to The Secretary, Board of Trustees, Arthur Jarvis University, Akpabuyo, P.M.B. 1404, Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria not later January 15, 2017.